Coaches please read the rules carefully all divisions will follow USSSA rules with very few modifications..
2016 USSSA Rules
NFHS Rule book
The LBL Fall league will use USSSA Rules for the 9 - 14yr. division, the HS division will use NFHS. The following are Highlighted/modified Rules.
- PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- 10U-14 League: ALL CATCHERS HELMETS MUST HAVE FULL EAR PROTECTION (DUAL EAR FLAPS).
- HS Division - 2 piece NOCASE approved catcher's mask/skull cap combinations are allowed
- A protective cup is also required for all players who play the catcher position
- METAL CLEATS:
- Metal cleats are allowed in the 13 and above age groups only. NOT ALL TOURNAMENTS AND LEAGUES HAVE THE SAME RULES AS TO WHEN METAL CLEATS ARE ALLOWED.
- FIELD DIMENSIONS:
- 10U division 46 ft./65 ft.
- 11 & 12's division 50ft 6 in./70ft
- 13's division: 54 ft./80 ft.
- 14 division 60 ft./90 ft.
- HS League 60 ft.90 ft.
- BAT RESTRICTIONS:
10U,11U & 12U Divisions Wood Bat optional - All aluminum bats must be USSSA 1.15 stamped or be a wood bat
- 13U Wood Bat only*
- 14U Wood Bat only*
- HS Wood Bat only*
*composite wood bats are legal
- GAME LENGTH:
- 10,11 & 12yr old divisions: 6 innings or one hour and forty five minutes
- 13, 14 & HS division 7 innings or one hour and fourty five minutes
No new inning after the time limit. When time expires the home team may have the opportunity to bat if they are losing. If the home team is winning they will not bat. - Games may end in a tie
- COURTESY RUNNERS :
At any time the offensive team may use a courtesy runner for the pitcher and catcher. The courtesy runner must be a player not presently in the line-up. If no players not presently in the line-up are available, the courtesy runner shall be the player who made the last batted out.
- PLAYER BASE COACH:
A player base coach (18 and under) is required to wear a batting helmet.
- MERCY RULES:
- League & tournament play 10U - 12yrs. - 15 after 3; 8 after 4.
- League & tournament play 13 & 14yr. olds - 15 after 3; 12 after 4; 8 after 5
- League & tournament play HS 10 after 5
10U- 14yrs. Teams may bat a 9 player line-up, 10 player line-up using an Extra Hitter (EH) or continuous line up of all present, eligible, uniformed players. Line-up's must be declared before the start of the game and used the entire game.
- If a team uses a line-up that contains substitute players: all starting players may be removed and re-enter the game once, but must re-enter in their original position in the batting order. Non-starters are not allowed to re-enter. When a starter re-enters, the player in the starter's batting position in the batting order must be removed from the game and is ineligible for the remainder of the game.
- If a team uses a line-up that contains 10 players, the players in the (EH) position has free defensive substitution.
- If a team uses a continuous line-up, all players have free defensive substitutions. When using a continuous line-up and a player has to leave the game for ANY reason, that position in the line-up becomes an out when that at bat comes around.
- HS Division if the EH is not utilized then the DH may be utilized in accordance with the NFHS Rules.
A team may play an official game with an 8 player line-up. An automatic out will be charged for the missing ninth player. A 9th player and all subsequent players may be added to the bottom of the batting line-up as soon as they become available. ONLY PLAYERS LISTED ON THE OFFICIAL LBL ROSTER ARE ELIGIABLE TO PLAY.
- INJURED PLAYER:
A player who leaves the game due to injury or illness will not be allowed to re-enter the game.
- PITCHING RESTRICTIONS:
- 10U - 12yrs. Each pitchers may pitch a maximum of 6 innings per day.
- 13, 14yr. & HS Each pitchers may pitch a maximum of 7 innings per day.
- A pitcher- once removed may not re-enter as a pitcher
- 9 & 10 will be given 2 Balk Warnings per pitcher. 11 & 12yr. olds will be given 1 balk warning per pitcher. No balk warnings for division's 13U, 14U & HS.
- INTENTIONAL WALK:
- An intentional base on balls may be given by the defensive team by having its catcher or coach request the umpire to award the batter first base. This may be done before pitching to the batter or on any ball and strike count. The ball shall be declared dead before making the award. The pitcher is not required to throw four called balls.
- Home team will supply 2 baseballs for each game
- All divisions will use an official baseball, no safety baseballs will be used
- COACHING RESTRICTIONS:
A coach, player, substitute, or other bench personnel shall not: be outside the designated dugout area. When your team is on Offense you are allowed two base-coaches. When your team is on Defense the entire coaching staff will be in the dugout
- DEFENSIVE & OFFENSIVE TIMEOUTS:
The LBL Fall league is an instructional league. A team has unlimited offensive and defensive time outs as long as the time outs are instructional. The coach may enter the field at any time to instruct his/her team after he requests a time-out, and is granted a time out by the umpire.
- MAKE UPS
- 1 make up game may be rescheduled if time allows, and at the discretion of the director.
- AVOID CONTACT:
Players will be encouraged to slide on close plays. If there is, in the umpire's judgment, more than incidental physical contact on a play at a base, the runner will be declared out. This is an "avoid contact rule", not a "must slide rule". Thus a player will not automatically be called out simply for making contact with a fielder.
- PRE-GAME WARM-UPS:
- No warm-ups will be allowed on the infield.
- Use of tobacco or tobacco-like products within 250 feet of the dugout is prohibited for all players, coaches, spectators and team personnel (scorekeepers, attendants, etc.)
- Miscellaneous / Clarification Rules:
Noisemakers that may interfere with the playing of the contest are strictly prohibited. Drums, cowbells, whistles, megaphones, similar noisemakers, air horn, and noise making activities are prohibited
The following league ejection and suspension policies will be in effect for all games.
SUSPENSIONS & EJECTIONS:
COACH player or spectator: Or other person associated with the team, who is ejected from any league game, will be suspended for a minimum of one (1) additional game.
All Bat boys/girls under the age of 18 shall not be permitted